I completed my goal of reading 25 books in 2012! Yay! You can see which books I read in the Library tab or go to my Goodreads page. Since I was able to read that many books, though I just managed to finish it with two days to spare, I figured I should up the ante in 2013.
My new goal is to read 28 books! It's not too ambitious, but it's just enough to be challenging, and now I can't wait to start reading! Actually, I've already finished Gone Girl and The Pledge!
The novels above are my five favorite books of last year:
- Divergent is an amazing dystopian story; realistic main character, quick-paced, and it really made me think about my own fears.
- A Clash of Kings is the second in the Song of Ice and Fire series and the plot is so complex and you never know which characters to trust.
- Fun Home is a graphic novel based on the author's life and about her dad who committed suicide, but it's told in an inventive way.
- Storm Glass is an adventure fantasy about a girl with the power to manipulate glass.
- Warm Bodies is a romantic zombie novel where the main character is a zombie who starts to come back to life after falling in love (the movie is coming out February 1st!).
The books below are the ones I'm most excited to read this year:
Do you have a reading goal? Which books do you want to read?