ManCrates asked me to share the items that I can't live without. As you can tell, they wanted me to have fun with it because these are not items that I would pack in an actual survival kit. In a real emergency, I would reach for a flashlight, not lipstick. Unless it's a lipstick-shaped flashlight. I don't have one, but that would be cool.
There are definitely a few items that I need in order to survive an average day. I always keep them in my purse for when I need them. They are as follows:
- My iPad -- I've used this everyday since I got it last year. Now that I work in social media, I use it for work, for blogging, and for fun. I read on it, take pictures, go online, play games, etc. What can't I do with this thing?
- Notebook & Pen -- I always list these items because I'm always writing notes to myself (I would forget everything otherwise). I write ideas for my novel and for this here blog in notebooks. Even if I don't bring a notebook with me, I always bring a pen because I can find something to write on, like a napkin or receipt.
- Lip Balm -- Why is that my lips are always dry no matter how much water I drink? I make sure I have lip balm with me at all times and I like to use lip balm right before going to sleep to wake up with soft and nourished lips.
- Lipstick -- Even though I tend to forget to put it on, I always like keeping a tube of lipstick with me. My favorites are the Revlon lip stains because they stay put all day while still being moisturizing. My absolute favorite is the color Cherish.
- Books -- While I can have an unlimited number of books on my iPad, there's something wonderful about reading from a real book. If my purse isn't already full of stuff, I stick a book in there for downtime (ie. my lunch break or stuck in traffic).
By the way, if you have a dad, brother, boyfriend, or guy friend who has a birthday coming up, you should check out ManCrates. They know that it can be difficult to find gifts for men, so they send a whole wooden crate full of awesome gifts, like a retro gamer crate, a zombie survival crate, a whiskey crate, and more. They even send it with a crowbar, so you can open it.
My dad's birthday is on August 31st and I think he would love to get the outdoor survival crate or the snack pack because he's a little obsessed with candy and snacks.
**ManCrates asked me to write this post. All opinions are my own.**
What are your essentials?
What do you always keep in your purse?