Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Gaga's Workshop at Barney's in New York

My best friend Jackie is a Little Monster. She is completely obsessed with Lady Gaga and isn't afraid to show it. She asked me if I would go with her to Barney's on 60th and Madison to see Gaga's Workshop and, of course, I said yes. I knew it was going to be over the top, I mean c'mon it's Lady Gaga, so I wanted to check it out before it closes on January 2nd.

The entrance to the store! It's like you're being gobbled up by Gaga!


Gaga's Workshop was like an art exhibit in a department store. It was fanastic and colorful
and her latest album played on loop while we looked around.
And don't you love the "Paws Off" signs?


Jackie and I tried on crazy sunglasses!
It's hard to see in the picture, but mine looked like they were covered in clay.
Jackie tried on ones that looked like lab goggles covered in lace (which were $187 by the way)
and then ones with large spikes that had no place for her nose.


And then we tried on the most comfortable black leather jacket ever. It was so soft and supple! The spikes on the shoulder and the zippers really added to it's edginess. I totally would've gotten it if it wasn't $525.

At one point, we stumpled upon a large box with candy and a tin of ginger and lemongrass tea that was $150, but Jackie only wanted the tea. We searched and searched and couldn't find it. And then out of the corner of my eye, I saw a tin! I swear it was the last one in the store. Yay! So glad I found it for you, Jackie!

I didn't get anything for myself while there, but Jackie got a nice tote bag and the tin of tea.

To read about how happy Jackie was to see the workshop, click on over to Claws Up.

Did anyone else see the workshop or is planning to go?

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Aww that was such a nice post! I'm so happy you went with me, It was awesome seeing cool Lady Gaga things with my best friend in the whole world! And I'm really happy that you had fun too! Ahhhh thank you for finding that tea! I swear it was the last one for sale. I love all the pictures you posted of us! You really captured the awesomeness of our day. Yay! Love ya bestie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you invited me!! It really was an awesome day! Love you too! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post! In fact, it looks like Tumblr on Blogger, as in rum-n-coke! Keep up the good work, Sara, and you have given me a fun idea of what to do with my kids over the holidays... visit the Lady Gaga's workshop at Barneys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Diane - Yay everyone should go see it!!

    And Sara, I gave you another blog award because you are my bestie! lol its posted on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Diane -- Thanks! I'm so glad you liked the post! You definitely should visit Gaga's workshop; it was a lot of fun.

    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover