Tuesday, June 19, 2012

DIY: Neon Belt


As you can see, I've been loving neon pink lately. I think I'm going neon pink crazy! I made a neon colorblock clutch and now this amazing bright pink belt. I love it because it's just a hint of neon that I can pair with a neutral-colored outfit, like a beige top and jeans or a gray maxi dress. And it's super easy to make!

1. Brush white paint onto belt with sponge brush and let dry. It dries relatively quickly. I also painted the sides of the belt too.
2. Paint on the white paint one or two more times, so that the white is evenly coated and you can no longer see the belt's original color. Let it dry.

3. Paint on the neon color as many times as you need until the color is even and as bright as possible.

4. When it's dry, paint on a thin coat of Modge Podge to seal in the color. If you don't have Modge Podge, you can use clear nail polish instead, or you can simply leave it as is.  

5. After the belt dries, take a Q-tip, dip it in the nail polish remover, and clean up any paint you may have gotten on the buckle. Then you're all done!


What do you think? Are you going to try it? Are you loving neon as much as I am?

And don't forget about the giveaway!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover