Thursday, August 1, 2013

Movies I Want To See (August 2013)

There are so many giant blockbuster movies coming out this month that it's a little crazy. I wish I could see all the movies mentioned, but in reality I'm probably going to end up seeing only two of them -- Elysium with my brothers and Austenland with my friend Avra. Though hopefully I can convince her to see The Mortal Instruments as well. I can't wait for those movies to come out!

The Spectacular Now
Based on a novel, this film is about how Sutter Keely (Miles Teller), a high school senior and charmer, unexpectedly falls in love with good girl Aimee Finecky (Shailene Woodley). It starts as an unlikely romance, but soon becomes a relationship of haunting passion and heady confusion. This romance looks realistic, heartbreaking, and emotional. (August 2)

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
In this sequel based on the best selling novel, Percy Jackson, the young demigod, goes on a journey to find the fabled Golden Fleece. Percy (Logan Lerman) and his friends (Brandon T. Jackson and Alexandra Daddario) embark on a dangerous journey to the Sear of Monsters (known to us as the Bermuda Triangle). Although I haven't read the novels, I really liked the first movie and I'm looking forward to this one. (August 7)

Elysium 
The year is 2154 and two classes of people exist: the wealthy who live on a space station called Elysium and the poor who live on our overpopulated, crime-ridden planet. The only man who can bring equality is Max (Matt Damon), who desperately needs to get to Elysium because his life hangs in the balance. This movie looks so freaking awesome! (August 9)

Austenland
Based on the novel by Shannon Hale, this romantic comedy is about 30-something woman named Jane Hayes (Keri Russell), who is obsessed with all things Jane Austen. She decides to spend her life savings on a trip to an English resort where men and women pretend they are in Regency-era England. I read the book and now I'm way more excited about this movie than I should be! (August 16)

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
Set in contemporary NYC, an ordinary girl named Clary Fray (Lily Collins) discovers she is a descendant of Shadowhunters, half-angel warriors who protect our world from demons and creatures of the night. After Clary's mother (Lena Headey) is kidnapped, Clary joins forces with the Shadowhunters and realizes there's more to our world than she realized. Also starring Jamie Campbell Bower, Robert Sheehan, and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers. Despite the fact that I wasn't a fan of the book, the movie looks much, much better. (August 21)

The World's End 
The third movie in the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy (the other two being Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz) is about five childhood friends reuniting twenty years later to attempt an epic pub crawl. They are convinced to do this by Gary King (Simon Pegg), a 40-year-old who won't grow up, as the world is coming to an end. Starring Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, and Rosamund Pike. (August 28)

Other movies coming out in August:
  • 2 Guns (August 2)
  • Europa Report (August 2)
  • Blood (August 9)
  • Disney's Planes (August 9)
  • I Give it a Year (August 9)
  • Ain't Them Bodies Saints (August 16)
  • Cute and the Boxer (August 16)
  • Kick-Ass 2 (August 16)
  • The Butler (August 16)
  • Drinking Buddies (August 23)
  • The Grandmaster (August 23)
  • Passion (August 30)
Which movies do you want to see?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg
(via 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6)

Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. So many good movies, AGAIN this month! Though I think Nathan Fillion is in the new Percy Jackson movie, if I'm not mistaken. Apparently, this is a surefire way to get me to see your movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that The Spectacular Now is an amazing book...I'd love to read it and then see the movie :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually really want to see kick ass 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion Austenland would be really interesting for me!

    Many thanks for introducing <3

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Worlds End is really good, definitely go see it! I wanna see Kick Ass 2 as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see The Spectacular Now SOOOO bad! You find the sweetest and most unique things! :) xxoox also thanks for the sweet giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I had not heard of Austenland before but it sounds fun, plus I love Keri Russell.

    And Mortal Instruments? Excited for the movie too - but I loooved the books, I just finished book 5 a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover