I recently saw this DIY at Free People's blog and wanted to do my own spin on it. I think it's so creative and a great way to update a pair of plain sneakers. Who wants plain sneakers when you can have awesome ones?
1. All you need are a pair of sneakers, craft or embroidery floss, a needle, and scissors.
2. If you want to plan out where to put your triangles (or circles or lines or whatever you prefer) you could lightly draw outlines with a white pencil or seamstress chalk, but I just winged it.
3. I started with the back of my low top Converse sneakers. I wanted to go down the whole back with triangles, but the back of the shoe was too thick, so I did only one. Then I decided to take Free People's DIY a step further by putting triangles on either side of my sneakers.
4. There's really no trick to sewing the triangles; you'll get better at doing them as you go on. Just have fun and know it doesn't have to be perfect, and that the sneakers don't have to be mirror images of each other.
5. When you're satisfied with how your sneakers look, put them on and take 'em for a spin!
Are you going to try this DIY?
I have a Target giveaway going on right now with The Tiny Heart!!
I know, so many giveaways!
Brought to you by:
Sara of Sincerely, Sara
Amy of Fashion and Beauty Finds
Angela of Head to Toe Chic
Jewel of Style Optimista Rafflecopter giveaway