After living at the movie theater last month (I saw Cinderella twice and Insurgent), I'll most likely only end up seeing The Age of Adaline since it's the movie that intrigues me the most and I have to save my pennies for all of the fantastic films coming out in May. What movies do you want to see this month?
A look into the real life story of Effie Gray (Dakota Fanning) and her marriage to John Ruskin. In a time where women were expected to be seen but not heard, Effie finds her own voice and exposes what was hiding behind the veil of their public life. (Watch the trailer.) This story sounds really interesting. (April 3)
Set in Iran during the volatile 2008 presidential election, this powerful story follows Afshin Ghaffarian (Reece Ritchie), a brave young dancer, who risks his life to form an underground dance company with friends (one of which is played by Freida Pinto), even though there is a dancing ban. (Watch the trailer.) This film looks so incredible! (April 10)
The Longest Ride
Based on a Nicholas Sparks novel, this story follows the love affair of Luke (Scott Eastwood), a champion bull rider, and Sophia (Britt Robertson), a college student about to leave for a dream job in New York City. As conflicts arise to test their relationship, Sophia and Luke make a connection with Ira, whose memories of his own romance inspire the young couple. (Watch the trailer.) I mostly just want to watch this to stare at Scott Eastwood, but the story does also look good. (April 10)
Set in 1953 Soviet Russia, Child 44 chronicles the secret police agent Leo Demidov (Tom Hardy), who loses status, power, and his home when he refuses to denounce his own wife, Raisa (Noomi Rapace), as a traitor. Exiled from Moscow, Leo and Raisa join forces with General Nesterov (Gary Oldman) to track down a serial killer who preys on young boys. (Watch the trailer.) Looks dark, thrilling, and suspenseful. (April 17)
The Age of Adaline
After an accident, Adaline Bowman (Blake Lively) has remained 29-years-old for eight decades, but it means that she lives a solitary existence, never allowing herself to get close to someone for fear they might reveal her secret. Adaline gets close to Ellis Jones (Michiel Huisman), but a weekend with his parents threatens to expose everything. (Watch the trailer.) I NEED to see this movie! It looks amazing! (April 24)
Other movies coming out:
- Furious 7 (April 3)
- Last Knights (April 3)
- Women in Gold (April 3)
- Freetown (April 8)
- Dior And I (April 10)
- Ex Machina (April 10)
- Kill Me Three Times (April 10)
- Alex of Venice (April 17)
- The Road Within (April 17)
- The Forger (April 24)
- The Water Diviner (April 24)
- Hot Body Year Round by Cassey Ho -- Cassey Ho is an internationally-renowned fitness instructor known for her fun workout videos on Youtube channel called Blogilates. By following her workout plans and clean eating recipes, you can transform your body. (April 7)
- The Residence: Inside the Private World of the White House by Kate Andersen Brower -- No one understands the president of the United States, and his family, like the men and women who make the White House run every day. Now, for the first time, their stories of fifty years, ten administrations, and countless crises, large and small, are told in The Residence. (April 7)
- Emma: A Retelling by Alexander McCall Smith -- Jane Austen's beloved, meddlesome heroine is brought into the 21st century; Emma returns to Highbury after university to launch her interior design business. (April 7)
- Very Good Lives by J.K. Rowling -- In 2008, J.K. Rowling delivered a deeply affecting commencement speech at Harvard University. Now published for the first time in book form, Rowling's words of wisdom are perfect for anyone at a turning point in life. (April 14)
Say hello to Unique Vintage!
Created out of one girl's love for vintage clothing, Unique Vintage is here to serve like-minded retro and vintage-inspired fashion finds. Unique Vintage has also become a go-to for many celebrities and fashion stylists. Some of the shows UV items have popped up on are , and .
We've also recently launched the #iamunique campaign that's all about expressing your own unique style, embracing our unique bodies, and empowering one another through the love of all things vintage and retro-inspired.