Is today June 22?! Then it's my birthday! Hooray!
I celebrated all weekend of course! On Friday, Avra, Sunny, and I had tea and scones, went to a street fair where there were acrobats, ate tacos, and stumbled upon four old men playing jazz in a small coffee shop. On Saturday, I went into the city with Avra and Sunny to meet up with some of my favorite bloggers at Laduree in Soho, then my friends and I got gluten-free dessert at Babycakes Bakery, and falafel at a small restaurant in the Lower East Side. On Sunday, my family went out to an Italian restaurant to celebrate Father's Day and my birthday. We ate THIS giant dessert. Talk about an awesome weekend!
Of course, I'm going to celebrate a bit today by getting something super delicious for lunch at work!
Every year I like coming up with a list of practical and fun list of things I want to accomplish, but first let's see how I did with last year's list.
25 Before 26
1. Finish my novel
3. Visit Lauren & Sarah
6. See the Brooklyn Bridge
7. Have a group giveaway on my blog
8. Take a photography class
9. Meet Martie
15. Learn easy smoothies recipes
And now my new list:
26 Before 27
1. Finish the first draft of my new story
2. Cut out soda for at least one month (I'm starting this tomorrow!)
3. Keep drinking at least two glasses of water a day
4. Learn easy smoothie recipes
5. See the Brooklyn Bridge
6. Take a trip somewhere, anywhere
7. Meet Martie
8. Have a group giveaway on my blog
9. Get an e-course on photography
10. Take a short blog break
11. Get rid of things in my room that don't bring me joy
12. Get my underarms and legs waxed once because why not
13. Use up some candles I've had forever
14. Get a gel manicure
15. Get the new illustrated Harry Potter (!!!)
16. Possibly attend BEA (it's in Chicago in 2016)
17. Cut myself some slack
18. Take a day trip somewhere
19. Keep up my correspondence with my pen pals
20. Go to the farmers' market
21. Complete Code Academy
22. Listen to all the current episodes of Welcome to Night Vale
23. Try any exercise class
24. Go to two author readings
25. Write two short stories
26. Meet another blog friend IRL
What do you think of my goals?
What are some of yours?
♥ ♥ ♥
As a thank you to all of you for being so awesome by stopping by my little slice of the Internet and being wonderful blog friends (seriously, thank you!), I'm giving away a Too Faced Melted Lipstick (you get to pick the color when you win) and a $25 gift card to Starbucks! It's an international giveaway*.
*Starbucks gift cards bought in the U.S. don't work outside the country, so if someone from outside the States wins they'll get two lipsticks instead.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Hope you all have a wonderful day!