Monday, January 9, 2017

Books For Circus Lovers

I love a good circus setting. A book featuring a circus can be whimsical or dark, realistic or magical or supernatural, and murderous or romantic. There's no end to the things a writer can do with a circus or carnival. Circuses intrigue so many because it's all about the mystery of what lies beyond the flap of the tent. It could be anything! Will I be astounded or terrified? 

I remember going to the Big Apple Circus in Manhattan in elementary school and have found them enchanting ever since. So, of course, I've been DYING to see a Cirque De Soleil performance for years. Someone buy me tickets, please!

The only one of these books I've read is The Night Circus, so I can't speak to how good or bad these books are, but they all seem to have great reviews on Goodreads. Let me know if you've enjoyed any of these novels. 
♥ The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (literary fantasy, touch of romance)
♥ Joyland by Stephen King (horror, mystery)
♥ Johannes Cabal The Necromancer by Jonathan L. Howard (gothic fantasy, supernatural, comedy)
♥ Menagerie by Rachel Vincent (urban fantasy, fantastical creatures)
♥ Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen (literary, historical fiction, romance)
♥ Geek Love by Katherin Dunn (horror, fantasy)
♥ Girl on a Wire (Cirque Americain #1) by Gwenda Bond (young adult, magical realism)
♥ The Circus in Winter by Cathy Day (historical fiction)
♥ The Lady and The Lionheart by Joanne Bischof (romance, historical fiction)
♥ The Circus Fire: A True Story of an American Tragedy by Stewart O'Nan (non-fiction, historical)
♥ Big Fish by Daniel Wallace (literary, magical realism)
♥ The Barnum Museum by Steven Millhauser (fantasy, magical realism, short stories)

Do you like the circus? 
Which of these have you read?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram

Pin It!

1 comment:

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover