Since lace embellished shorts seem like the perfect thing for summer, I decided to DIY my own pair by turning fuchsia jeans into cute shorts. If you have a pair of jeans that you would rather be shorts, then this is the time to do it, or you can DIY a plain pair of shorts that need some sprucing up.
1. You'll need a pair of jeans or shorts, lace, needle and thread, a lot of pins, a pin cushion, and scissors.
2. If you're turning jeans into shorts, lay the shorts on top and cut the jeans, leaving two inches for the rolled effect or to sew it for a finished look.
3. Roll the jeans how you like them. Cut and place the lace where you want it. Make sure you like how it looks, and then use pins to keep the lace in place.
4. Use your needle and thread to sew the lace. I sewed along the top of the lace and the sides to keep it in place. Make sure you don't sew the pockets down since you'll probably want to use them later.
5. I didn't show it, but you can iron the rolled ends of the jeans to keep them down. Just be careful near the lace.
6. Wear and enjoy! I love the bohemian look to these shorts. Wear them with a slouchy white tee and fringe sandals, or dress it up with a black top and ankle booties.
What do you think?
How would you wear them?