Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sponsor Spotlight: Miche of Buttons and Birdcages

Today Miche of Buttons and Birdcages is taking over my blog!

Hi Everyone! My name is Miche, and I blog over at Buttons and Birdcages. My blog primarily focuses on vintage inspired fashion on a budget, with a little bit of DIY added in (just for fun!). As a fashion addict, I struggle with being able to satisfy my fashion cravings while still being able to eat. One of the best ways I’ve found to do this is through thrifting. Seriously, I’ve found some amazing stuff thrifting, and wanted to share some of my finds, as well as some tips with all of you!
Hat: $2.00 // Scarf: $3.00 // Dress: $6.00

Why Thrift Shopping?                        
I get that some people are freaked out by thrifting, but one of the best things about it is that you can find totally unique items. I hate walking down the street and seeing 5 people in the dress I bought from Target (no offense Target, I love you!), that NEVER happens when I wear something thrifted.
Dress: $4.00 // Cardigan: $4.00

Where should I thrift shop?
Nowadays, there are tons of places. Some of my favorites are Volunteers of America and Goodwill. But more and more there are specialty shops popping up that are more like consignment stores that have AWESOME stuff. Warning: The prices at these stores will be higher.
Dress: $7.00 // Headwrap: $2.00

What if I find something that doesn’t fit?                   
This can be the most frustrating part of thrifting, you find that awesome piece, and its not your size. It’s actually a big reason I started learning to sew, a lot of times a simple hem can completely change the look of an entire outfit.
Dress: $5.50

What is your best tip for successful thrifting?
Patience.  It definitely takes a lot of time for a successful thrifting experience. Make a day of it – grab a coffee and a friend and hit the racks. Expect to spend some time there and I promise you won’t be able to leave empty handed!


Do you enjoy thrifting or funky personal style? Head on over to my blog, Buttons and Birdcages, or Follow me on Bloglovin – I would love to meet you J

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Thrift shopping us such a good idea to look different from the crowd. But sadly we don't have goodwill in india:(
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all these unique looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thrifting! You never know what gems you can find. :)

    ♥ Naomi Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love thrifting! I haven't done a really good thrift trip since the summer, so I'm overdue! Great tips and I love what you did with that floral dress! I certainly agree that thrifting is easier when you have a sewing machine, knowing you can go home and make something right for yourself!


    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a master thrifter! I love that she sees the potential in certain pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you don't have Goodwill in India, but maybe there are other places you can go instead. There was a small thrift store near me that was funded by a hospital, though sadly it had to close because rent got too high.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to go thrifting with you Miche. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like she would be the perfect person to go with!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover