Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag {March 2014}

This month's Ipsy Glam Bag was about Destination Beauty. Although I think it's cool that the bag's design of San Francisco is from an artist, I'm not a huge fan of the print and the actual fabric felt weirdly sticky. My mom liked it, so it's now hers. Anyway, you'll notice that this month's bag only had four items instead of the usual five; it's not a big deal because they were all either deluxe samples or full-size, and I mostly liked what I received. 

What I got in this month's bag:
♥ bareMinerals' Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready (full size $18, sample $8ish) 
♥ Chella Indigo Blue Eye Liner (full size $24)

This month's Glam Bag is worth $47!
MINI REVIEWS

bareMinerals' Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready 

This lipstick is so nourishing and smooth. The color is coming up more red in the pictures, but it's really a rosy mauve pink. I've worn it a few times already! The smell is kind of minty, which I like. This lipstick is on the pricey side, but I would say it's worth it. 

NYX Love in Rio Eye Shadow Palette in Moonlit Skinny Dip 

This trio of eye shadows would be great for travel since it's lightweight and you can easily create an eye look with these three colors. It has a very light white-beige color, a sparkly taupe color, and a dark brown color. The first two aren't all that pigmented, but I still like them. I've been using the lightest color as a base and the sparkly one as a highlight. The dark brown is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. I like it, but there are N.Y.C. and Wet N' Wild palettes that are better. 

Chella Indigo Blue Eye Liner 

I'm stunned that this eye liner costs $24 because it's not the best. While I love the indigo blue color and it is really pigmented, it's also really dry. I get one eye done and then the color won't come out to do the second eye. I have to cover the tip, put on concealer and then do the second eye. I'll still use it now and then, but I wouldn't purchase this. 

Pixi Beauty's Flawless Beauty Primer

I know that this is a face primer and you're supposed to use it under your foundation for a flawless glow, but it's a little too shimmery for that, at least for me. Instead I've been using this pinky-golden primer as a highlighter on my eyes and cheeks. It's really pretty and I'll definitely continue using this. 

What did you get in your Ipsy Glam Bag?
What items would you try?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

22 comments:

  1. Ooo. I love reading your reviews! Especially when there is something that I've been wondering about (bareMinerals Moxie lipstick). I was hoping it was super read, because that's what I am wanting right now, but still really like what you had to say about it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have got some lovely products! Love the lipstick and liner <3 Nice post honey <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That primer does look very shimmery but at least you can still use it as a highlighter!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    $520 Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true! Thanks for stopping by, Sharon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Katie!! You should definitely try the Moxie lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what u got! The lipstick looks perfect...and I would love to try the indigo eyeliner.. :) Not a real fan of the bag print though... But I think its better than a box! :D

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you got some great stuff!


    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I prefer plains to prints, but I love the print of your bag..
    4 full size products instead of 5 is a great option
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I definitely did! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, it's definitely a weird looking print!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That lipstick is such a pretty color!!


    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. That primer has me interested. Sounds like it would good for the summer.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's too bad about the eyeliner, because i love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty color lipstick!

    ♥ Naomi Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice items! That looks like a nice lip colour!


    www.initialed.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, definitely perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love ipsy! I loved how they used a local artist to design the March 2014 bag! For my March bag I received the BareMinerals lipstick, Chella eyeliner, Bora eyeshadow quad, and a luxury tan. For $10 per month with free shipping you get 4-5 high end cosmetics with a cute reusable makeup bag! A fun way to treat yourself every month on a budget. You can become part of the ipsy community here:http://www.ipsy.com/r/73vu

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover