Wednesday, April 24, 2013

DIY: Nail Polish Striped iPhone Case


I've had a clear, neon pink iPod Touch case for months, but never wanted to use it because it seemed rather plain and boring. So when I saw this DIY on A Beautiful Mess I knew I had to try it.
 
It's so easy and took maybe twenty minutes to complete. All you need is a clear case and your favorite nail polish colors!

Just paint the nail polish onto the case in any order your heart desires. It doesn't have to be perfectly straight; in fact, I think it's unperfect-ness adds to the charm. I went over each color two or three times depending on the thickness of the polish.  
 
 
After the nail polish stripes dried, I went over the whole case with a thick coat of clear polish.
 
I love my new sparkly and super colorful case! It's so pretty!
 
What do you think?
Are you going to make one?
 

Pin It!

25 comments:

  1. Cute and clever! Love how it turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend tried this recently and it came out so great–as did yours! Love the colors you chose, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! Looks lovely!

    http://cbijicollection.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOO pretty! I love how glossy the finished product turned out. You did an absolutely fabulous job! :) I don't have an iPhone but if I did I would make this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's actually really neat! I have so much nailpolish, and when cases get scratched, this is a great way to re-use them for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out great! Love the colours you picked.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! It came out super, super cute! I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is really smart! Did you paint on the inside or outside of the case?! I just found your blog and cannot wait to read more. I would love it if you could follow me back. I always comment back! The Preppy Student

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love how you painted your case! its really cool and pretty in person too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow what an awesome DIY!! love it

    -issa
    wewearthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun idea! It reminds me a little bit of Carrie's nailpolish purse in The Carrie Diaries. I have a clear black case for my phone and I think it may be getting a makeover now ;)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great idea!I may do it with blues

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I would love to see how it turns out if you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool idea! I'd be interested to try it in different patterns, maybe using painters or scotch tape?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover