Friday, April 19, 2013

Review: Garnier's B.B. Cream

**I'm a Bzz Agent and receive free products in order to spread the word
and give my honest opinion. If this is something you would like to do, join here.** 

B.B creams, which stands for beauty balm, have been popping up all over the beauty market. These beauty creams are supposed to rejuvinate your skin and make your complexion look fresh and bright. Garnier's B.B. Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector is no different. This cream has SPF 20, it's oil-free, contains the mineral perlite which absorbs twice its weight in oil and water (super absorbant!), and it's non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic (it won't clog pores or cause breakouts).
In plain English, this B.B. cream renews, brightens, evens, hydrates, and protects your skin! It has a light-weight finish and keeps skin shine-free all day.


I've been using Garnier's B.B. cream in Light / Medium for a few weeks now and I think it's a fantastic product. To give you a little background my skin is super oily, especially in my T-zone (forehead, nose, chin), so I was a little hesitant about it's staying power and the fact that it claimed to keep skin shine-free and matte all day. Well, I've been applying this every morning with a beauty blender and it really is true to it's word -- it kept (most) of my face shine-free all day! I say most because my nose still got oily, but I think that's only because of my glasses.

This product feels super hydrating on my skin and it blends smoothly. I like that it has SPF, so that I don't have to think about it. The cream is very pigmented in the bottle, but it goes on somewhat sheer; it's not as thick as foundation. I think this is a good thing because it's buildable. You can add more cream to places you think need it (for me that's under my eyes, nose, and chin).

It noticably brightened my complexion and made my face less red overall. The cream didn't completely cover my pimples, but it did reduce a lot the redness. In the picture above you can see that the pimple on my cheek is a lot less red.

Even though the cream is hydrating and soft like a moisturizer, it did make the small dry patches on my face more noticable, and I needed to add moisturizer in those areas afterwards. Unfortunately, I have to do this a lot with most foundations or tinted moisturizers.

Overall, I think this is a great B.B. cream if you have combination to oily skin and want to brighten, even, protect, and mattify your skin. It creates a flawless finish and reduces redness. It's perfect for those days when you want a little bit of coverage, or for the summer months when you want a light application and want to keep oil in check. I would give this product an A-!


If you belong to a company or small business that would like me to review a product, head on over to my contact page for more information. I've been reviewing products on BzzAgent since 2009.

Do you use B.B. creams?
Which one do you use?

Pin It!

21 comments:

  1. Fantastic review, Sara! I've had my eye on this for quite sometime. I also have really oily skin so I was dubious about this but wanted something less thick than my dior foundation so I think I'll be picking this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want to try BB cream! it made you skin looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review! I need to buy this and try it.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use one too and its awesome!
    YuliConversationS.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - I´m using exactly the same cream, and I´m very satisfy with it, too! But on your photos it looks just like as a wondercream :)

    Wish you a happy weekend, dear Sara!

    xx from Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of a wondercream. I'll have to look it up.

      Delete
  6. great review! i've heard now there's a CC cream out there!

    -issa
    wewearthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this garnier bb cream have a nice packaging :) nice review

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a Great Rewview! I love BB Cream and use nothing else! Would be awesome If you‘d take a look at my Blog too - would love to keep in touch with you! Maybe you like to follow each other!?

    Lots of Love, Kyra
    www.kyras.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! It looks great. I've heard so much about all different kinds of BB Creams. I used one of Lancome before, but I find my face does not like BB Creams for some reason, so I just stick to regular liquid foundation, maybe I will try again later. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everything works on everyone's skin. Liquid foundation can sometimes be too harsh on me.

      Delete
  10. Seems nice! I should probably try some BB cream soon :)


    highheeledconfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover