Thursday, January 9, 2014

Inspired By: Merlin

Merlin ended two years ago, but it still remains one of my favorite shows (I've already seen it three times through). It's based on the legend of Arthur Pendragon and the wizard Merlin, but while Merlin is usually portrayed as a wise, old man, in Merlin he's a young man with a destiny, trying figure out his place in the world. The combination of fantasy, adventure, bromance, and comedy leaves a warm, happy feeling in my heart whenever I watch it, and I'm positive it will do the same for you. It's just a feel-good kind of show.

If you want to watch it right now, which I highly recommend, you can watch it on Netflix. 

Merlin
Inspired By: Merlin
Merlin (Colin Morgan) goes to Camelot because his mother believes he will be safer there since magic is banned and he's been a sorcerer since birth, which very unusual. He lives with the court physician, Gaius, and learns about healing and how to control his magic, while also being Arthur's personal servant. Merlin is an optimistic, chatty, brave, and funny young man. At times he makes himself look dumber than he is, so people don't think he has magic.

Dress like Merlin while at a special ceremony by wearing a red blazer, blue tee, black jeans, dragon necklace, and nude flats. Or look like Merlin's usual attire of rough fabrics in blue and red by putting on a brown leather jacket, red chambray top, blue scarf, jeans, and boots.

Arthur
Inspired By: Arthur
The Once and Future King starts off as Prince Arthur (Bradley James), a brave but arrogant young man. He is well-trained in sword fighting and overtime becomes a loyal king, who thinks before he acts and who considers the words of others. Despite Merlin being his servant, they are friends and Arthur trusts him above everyone else.

Prince Arthur wears a lot of red because that is the color of Camelot, his kingdom. Though Arthur wears metal to go into battle, wear a metallic dress on the dance floor, another battleground; don a velvet red blazer, black and gold dress, black heels, and a shield ring. Or dress like Arthur on an average day by wearing a red blouse, jeans, crown earrings, and tall boots.

Morgana
Inspired By: Morgana
Morgana (Katie McGrath) is the ward of King Uther, Arthur's father. When her magic begins to manifest, Morgana is scared and fears Uther finding out since he was the one who banned magic twenty years ago. Over time, her hatred trumps all the kindness Uther showed her, and she becomes Merlin's nemesis.

While in the castle, Morgana dresses in rich fabrics and vibrant colors, so put on a purple chiffon top, gold belt, navy velvet skirt, drop earrings, and purple heels. Once Morgana leaves, her attire is full of black, gray, and green, so wear a gray and black coat, black lace dress, green belt, and black open-toe booties.

Gwen
Inspired By: Gwen
Guinevere, or Gwen (Angel Coulbey), starts off as Morgana's servant and Merlin's friend. She is a kind, loyal, and outspoken young woman, and though her relationship with Arthur causes conflict, she eventually becomes a popular queen to the people of Camelot because she was one of them. Arthur trusts her judgement and together they make Camelot a great kingdom. 

As a servant, Gwen wears lots of soft colors in tougher fabrics; put on a lilac top, jeans, flower earrings, and nude heels. But as a queen, she dons bold colors in rich fabrics, so copy her style by wearing a navy chiffon dress, headband, drop earrings, gold belt, and either navy heels or gold heels. (You're a queen, wear what you want!)

Which outfit is your favorite?
Have you seen the show?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. Love these outfit inspirations! The black and gold dress is my favorite :)

    www.ruzinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surely going to watch merlin..
    Morgan's clothes ae my fav
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That black lace dress is so pretty and the long sleeves are great for the winter!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    $50 PayPal Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the outfit inspiration ideas! I havent seen it yet and damn I dont have netflix!

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. We share so many things in common. Merlin is one of them. I love this show and I was very upset when the series enden early. The relation between Merlin and Arthur was so funny! Do you remember the last scene of the final episode? It was an original idea. You have combined very nice cloth combinations again. Poor Merlin has never changed his clothes through the all seasons :) I imagined Arthur wearing your femine selection. Hahaha! My favorite is the collection for Morgana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad someone else loves this show as much as I do!! It's so amazing! I find it so funny that Merlin only changed his clothes a few times! Actually, I was reading about the show and why it ended early, but it didn't -- the producers always wanted it to have 5 seasons and they got to the end of the story. I wish it could've gone on forever though!! Have you checked out the show Atlantis? It's by the same producers as Merlin and it has similar elements to it. It's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would really like the show! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sara! I love these outfits ;) I should check out Merlin, I have never heard about it. I'm currently obsessed with navy blue and purple together. Morgana's outfits are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard great things about this show, but never thought to watch it!! Love the outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never got into the show but I know many people who really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen this show but your review has me seriously considering watching it - plus, Gwen's style is just too pretty and feminine! I love the look you put together for her :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a really fun show and you really fall in love with the characters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so great! If you have Netflix, I would definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It might be on Hulu as well! I don't remember though. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I've seen this on Netflix but never watched. I'm usually not a big fan of King Arthur-based stories but I think we have similar tastes so I'll give it a go soon!
    x atelier zozo

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh i,love that black lace dress!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover