Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Watch | Read | Listen {January 2014} + Bonlook Instagram Contest

I'm changing my Movies I Want To See blog posts at the beginning of every month into something that encompasses all entertainment -- movies, books, and music! Every month, I'll pick a bunch of each that I'm really excited about or that I think look really good to show you guys. Of course these picks are based mostly on my tastes, but I'll try to branch out for everyone. Let me know what you think of this new idea!

MOVIES

The Legend of Hercules
Based on the legend we all know, this movie follows Hercules (Kellan Lutz), the demigod son of Zeus, who is betrayed by his royal stepfather (Scott Adkins) and must battle his way back from exile and slavery. (January 10)

Her
A lonely writer (Joaquin Phoenix) develops an unlikely and perhaps unhealthy relationship with his newly purchased operating system that is designed to meet his every need. This film sounds strange, but also really interesting. (January 10)

Seventh Son

The story is about Tom Ward (Ben Barnes), a seventh son of a seventh son, who becomes the apprentice of a Spook (Jeff Bridges), a man who rids the local villages of evil. Also starring Julianne Moore, Djimon Hounsou, and Kit Harrington. (See the outfits inspired by the book here!) (January 17)

The Nut Job
A mischievous squirrel named Surly (Will Arnett) is kicked out of the park, forcing him to survive on the city streets. With the help of his rat friend Buddy (Eric Bauza), Surly plans a nut store heist of epic proportions that will help with the survival of the park community. This looks so cute and fun! (January 17)

I, Frankenstein
Based on the well-known novel, Victor Frankenstein's monster, self-named Adam Frankenstein (Aaron Eckhart), gets caught up in an ancient war between two immortal clans. (January 25)

BOOKS & MUSIC
Books & Music -- January 2014
Hollow City by Ransom Riggs -- The second novel after Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children continues Jacob's unusual journey with his new friends in 1940. These novels combine YA horror-fantasy and vintage photographs. Definitely on my must read list! (January 14)

The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley -- This story follows Emily Braden as she explores the ancient legendary town of Chinon and begins to uncover dark secrets about the 13th century castle that looms over the city. (January 14)

Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen -- A widow, Kate, and her daughter find healing at a quirky summer resort on Lost Lake run by her eccentric great-aunt Eby. There Kate interacts with her great-aunt's oddball guests. (January 21)

That Old Black Magic by Mary Jane Clark -- This novel is full of suspense, murder, mayhem, and voodoo. Aspiring actress and wedding-cake decorator, Piper Donovan believes she can unmask the killer since he's creepy clues. (January 21)

Switchfoot's Fading West (Jan. 14) | Jennifer Nettle's That Girl (Jan. 14) 
Bruce Springstreen's High Hopes (Jan. 14) | Young the Giant's Mind Over Matter (Jan. 21)

♥ ♥ 
Bonlook is having a fun Instagram contest! Be sure to take those selfies!
Tag @bonlook and #mybonlook! Every entry will win a prize!

What do you want to see, read, or listen to this month?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. I am. Going to watch immortal
    Happy 2014
    Kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice of movies. They all look fun in their own way. Have a happy 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Sara! It looks like you'll be keeping busy in the first month of 2014 :) Personally, I'm so excited about the release of the new Bruce Springsteen album, I'm such a huge fan of his.
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hercules movie looks really interesting! I want to read "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?" by Mindy Kaling. I love The Mindy Project, so I hope the book is just as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, a great list! I'm really looking forward to seeing Her. The reviews I've read so far have been excellent!


    Happy New Year, Sara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this post idea! I'm dying to see The Wolf on Wall Street and 22 Jump Street. Jonah Hill is so awesome in both (from what I can tell). Currently I'm reading any/all Jen Lancaster books I can get my hands on- They. Are. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read that book and absolutely loved it! The show is so amazing too! Mindy Kaling is essentially my spirit animal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new change! I, Frankenstein has me torn - Aaron Eckhard is a fave of mine, plus Frankenstein is one of my all-time favorite stories. Granted, it's so loosely based (or so it looks) that it could be any ol' action flick, but I still kind of want to see it xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm not feeling the movies this month, so i'll save some money so i can see other movies. also don't forget ill be home January 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. can't wait to watch 1 :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4602025

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Kristin! I'm really glad you like it! I'm torn too -- it look really cool, but it probably has no elements of the novel in this, other than him being a man created from nothing! I'll most likely end up seeing this on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Mona!! 22 Jump Street looks hilarious! I'm going to check out Jen Lancaster right now! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard the same! Happy New Year, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read the book too and it's really funny! She pokes fun at herself in such a hilarious way! The Mindy Project is one of my favorite shows!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha, she should totally be classified as a spirit animal! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover