Monday, January 6, 2014

My 2014 Resolutions

Well, 2013 has now gone. I had a feeling at the beginning of the year that 2013 would sweep past in a flash. It always does when you don't want it to. For some reason, I think 2014 won't feel like it's rushing by, at least for me. It will be the first year I'll have to work five days a week once I find a full-time job (whereas before I worked only two or three days), so I'm thinking that's going to make the time go slower. 

Anyway, this time last year I made my 2013 resolutions, so let's see how I did. 

2013 Resolutions
Be braver / tougher ☑
Take risks ☑
Downsize ☑
Finish my novel

I'd say I did very well this year. Even though I only had four goals, they were tough ones. It's hard making yourself something you're not, but I wanted to be braver, speak up for myself more, do more things on my own, and try new things. This summer was spent exploring New York City, going new places, doing things on my own (since one friend moved and another was away), and I met new people here and there. I would say I'm a little braver, or at least a little less scared of the big bad world, but I still have much to learn. 

I got rid of a lot of clothing and I've actually been going through my closet almost every two months. I went through papers and drawers and got rid of random stuff. There are still places I need to go through, but we'll call this a win. 

Did I finish my novel? No. But over the year I wrote quite a bit and during NaNoWriMo, I wrote several chapters, even though I only wrote 13,000 words. I have more revisions I want to make to the beginning, and then I'm going to keep writing!

2014 Resolutions
Get my first full-time job
Set a monthly budget
Finish my novel
Wear heels more often
Wear lipstick more often
Take a trip somewhere
Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop 12
Feel less pressured by my blog

All of the goals above are pretty obvious ones, but I would like to clarify the last one. I LOVE blogging and I LOVE reading your comments and interacting with all of you, but at times I feel a lot of pressure to always come up with really great things and feel pressure to do everything I can for my sponsors. I love doing it, but sometimes it's nice to take a step back. For the last month, I've been staying off my computer all day Saturday and it feels great to take a small break each week. 

Overall, this year has to me more about moving forward and thinking ahead!

What are your 2014 goals?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

47 comments:

  1. Congratz on you goals for last year. Are you writing just one book? I think that's one of my problems is that I have so many book ideas. I love your goals for the new year. They look a little like mine. Good luck in the new years! I am sure you will complete most if not all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your goals for last year, and good choice on taking off the pressure. I feel the best blogs are the ones that come from a true place of inspiration, and not a to do list. Good for you that you want to take off the pressure, it will make your wonderful space here all the better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did well the past year, and you have some great new resolutions!
    I think my biggest resolution is trying to cut back on shopping and only by some good longlasting pieces. My boyfriend and I are building our own loft so we will have to spend wisely this year :-D
    X Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Feeling less pressured by my blog" - That´s a great one! I guess all bloggers can relate sooner per later. Can´t wait for you to finish your novel though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely feel pressured by my blog as well so that is a great resolution! I don't read/comment on blogs on the weekend which helps a great deal. :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Headband Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 2014 resolutions! "Wearing heels more often" is one I should use :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great goals! Congratulations on doing so well with your goals from last year! I'm also trying to work on getting a better blog/life balance. Good luck!


    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sara, congrats that you reached most of your really tough goals in 2013! I hope you are as satisfy with you as you should!

    Wish you that you will reach all your resolutions for 2014 - but I have the feeling although I work 5 days a week fulltime time flies by during the workdays faster than on days off ...

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally someone who evaluates the resolutions she made for the past year! This feels refreshing, I love that you did that ^^ I also love that you accomplished all, or at least worked on all, of them too :) About your new resolutions: I set that last one for myself too. And the feelings you describe are why I've stopped taking sponsorship for my blog all together :) I got a little blog burn-out at the end of last year, and I never want that to happen again. I love blogging too much! :)

    Good luck with the job hunt ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Nikki! It's feels good to go over what I did last year! In a way, it helps me move forward! I completely understand why you stopped your sponsorships. It can be a little overwhelming, but for now I like helping people get the word out about their blog/shop. If it ever got to be too much, I would stop too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have great resolutions! You can always take a trip to Louisiana. We have an extra bedroom with your name on it ;-) I finally arrived, so I get to do one of my favorite things: write you a letter with my new address!

    ♥ Naomi Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great goals! They're all really practical and realistic. I'm sure you will make a lot of progress with your novel this year! Good luck :)

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate feeling pressured by my blog! It's supposed to be fun, not feel like a job, amiright? That's one of my goals this year, too - keep it fun :)


    xo
    Shay
    The Curly Casualista

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate the pressure of blogging too but that's why I actually allow myself to take breaks whenever I want to. I know that is one of those "blogger no-no's" but I'm a person first and blogger second. Also, these sound like good goals for the year! I'm glad that you're keeping it simple (besides the finishing your novel & getting a full-time job parts!) at least you'll have little things to do to keep you motivated through the bigger goals!


    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Chelsea!! It's good to have big and little goals for motivation I think!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay!! I would love love love to visit! That would be so amazing! So excited to get a new letter from you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay, 3 of out 4 is great! Good luck with all of you 2014 goals! I spent some time thinking of resolutions for this year, but I decided since its my lucky number year, I would skip the resolutions this year and try to full enjoy my year! Yay 14!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually, that's one of the goals I should've included! Gotta curb the spending!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Cody! Yes, I'm writing a novel! I also have so many book ideas, but right now it's best I focus on one or I'd never get anywhere with either! Good luck with your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's always good to simply enjoy the year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I definitely think you did well in 2013, and I think you have a good shot at accomplishing all of your goals this year. Your last goal strikes me, purely because I just wrote a post about blogging and how I feel on the subject. Anyway, best of luck, I think I need to start taking Saturday breaks from the computer! x
    http://orbitingoceans.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I especially love the BE AWESOME. But budgeting and full time job seems practical too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like your goals- they all seem realistic and do-able. Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your resolutions, especially about your blog. That's something I need to do too!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice list of resolutions. They are very inspirational. I hope you reach you goal.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are great goals, Sara. And I can relate on the pressure front, not just with my blog but with evertyhing in my life - I put so much pressure on me, far more than anyone else and this year my goal is to relax that a bit. If I can. The habit has been a lifetime in the making, so we'll see. Good luck with your novel, I hope I'll get to read it someday!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great resolutions Sara!!! I never make such things ^^

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your welcome. I need to do that but I have to figure out which one. haha. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What great accomplishments in 2013, Sara! You're one of the only people that I know that actually stuck to new year resolutions. Nice goals for this year, too!


    Christie
    The Closet by Christie


    theclosetbychristie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks, Cee! You realize once you're so busy, how much you really need to relax and take a break now and then. Good luck with your relaxation goal!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks, Angela! Good luck with own goals!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would rather work on the be awesome goal than the budgeting one haha!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover