Friday, February 13, 2015

What Kind of Energy Do You Bring to a Room?

**This is a reposted blog article from May 2013. I brought it out of the archives 
because I thought it would be interesting to get new feedback on it.**

I had an interesting conversation with my friend Brittany a really long time ago (January, I think), but it's been stuck in my head ever since. She told me about an article she read where the person talked about the energy you bring into a space. When I was searching online, I found this blog post; apparently the concept was mentioned on Oprah but originates from Jill Nolte Taylor's book My Stroke of Insight.  

Anyway, it's an interesting concept to think about: If there were a group of people in a room and you walked in what sort of energy would you bring to the room? In essence, how do you make others feel?

It's a great question to ask yourself and then an honest friend. What kind of energy do you think you bring to a room? What kind do you want to bring to a room? And then what of energy do you actually bring? 

In the back of my mind, while Brittany and I were talking, I was hoping she would say that my energy is friendly and warm, and that I make her feel accepted. Luckily, she said exactly what I hoped she would!

What kind of energy do you bring to a room?


Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post and interesting read, thanks for sharing! <3

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *



    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. in india we strongly believe in the energy that a person has

    Keep in touch

    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel like I come off super awkward and shy with new people! But in reality, I love to listen. I tend to let the new person I'm speaking with steer the conversation until I'm a little more comfortable to chat back and forth regularly. So hopefully people would find me a good listener, someone they are comfortable to speak with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel I'm quite shy and awkward, but I do get more confident after a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I'm all bark and no bite, I can be really confident and almost aggressive with people, but then in reality I'm really mellow and shy. I almost have a persona that comes out when I'm out and about that clashes with who I am at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so interesting! Everyone at work says that I am really bubbly, but I actually don't feel bubbly and I would never use that to describe myself. Its interesting to see how others perceive you, and how you perceive yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover