Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Watch | Read | Listen {July 2014}

I can't believe it's July already! For me, June always goes fast because it's my birthday month, but I feel like this year it just whizzed by before I had time to acknowledge it. I was so busy last month that I didn't have time to go to the movies, but I still really want to see How to Train Your Dragon 2, so I think I'll go to an early showing on my own. 

MOVIES

Earth to Echo
Tuck, Munch, and Alex are three friends whose lives are changed forever when they start to receive strange signals on their phones. They team up with a school friend, Emma, to find the source of the signals and discover that it's a small alien stranded on Earth that needs their help. This looks like a great movie to see with kids. (July 2)

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
A growing nation of genetically-evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by the humans that survived the devastating virus. Though they reach peace, it is short-lived and only war will determine who is Earth's dominant species. Starring Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke, Gary Oldman, and Keri Russell. This look so good. (July 11)

Sex Tape 
To liven up their ten year relationship, Jay (Jason Segel) and Annie (Cameron Diaz) decide to film a sex tape of themselves trying out every position from The Joy of Sex book. The only problem is that their video is no longer private and they'll do anything to get it back. (July 18)

Lucy 
Lucy (Scarlet Johansson) is a young woman who is forced to be a drug mule, but when the bag inside her breaks it turns out that the substance inside her is much more dangerous than your average drug. In this action-thriller, Lucy evolves mentally, using more and more of her brain capacity. The premise seems kind of ridiculous, but it also looks like a crazy ride! (July 25)

Other movies coming out:
  • Premature (July 2)
  • Tammy (July 2)
  • Life Itself (July 4)
  • A Long Way Down (July 11)
  • Road to Paloma (July 11)
  • Alive Inside (July 18)
  • I Origins (July 18)
  • Mood Indigo (July 18)
  • Hercules (July 25)
  • A Most Wanted Man (July 25)
BOOKS & MUSIC
Books & Music July 2014
California: A Novel by Edan Lepucki -- The world Cal and Frida have known are gone; they now live in the wilderness in isolation, but unsure of their ability to raise a child alone, they seek out the nearest settlement, but find it has secrets of their own. (July 8)

The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy #3) by Deborah Harkness -- In the finale to her bestselling series, witch Diana Bishop and vampire scientist Mathew Clairmont return to the present to face new crises and old enemies. (July 15)

A Perfect Life: A Novel by Danielle Steel -- Blaise McCarthy, an icon in the world of television news, asked tough questions in the world of politics and managed everything as a single mother, but no one knows that she's kept a secret hidden for years. (July 22)

Swan Point by Sherryl Woods -- Determined to build a new life for her family after her divorce, Adelia Hernandez moves to Swan Point and is promoted to manager of a fashionable boutique, but it's here that she meets Gabe Franklin. (July 29)

Shadows in the Vineyard: The True Story of the Plot to Poison the World's Greatest Wine by Maxillion Potter -- In January 2010, Aubert de Villaine, the owner of the tiny vineyard that produces the most expensive wines in the world, received an anonymous note threatening to poison his wines unless he paid one million euros. Villaine thought it was a joke, but that was a fatal mistake. (July 29) 

Crosby, Stills & Nash's CSNY (July 8) | Sia's 1000 Forms of Fear (July 8)
John Haitt's Terms of My Surrender (July 15) | Jason Mraz's Yes! (July 15)
5 Seconds of Summer's 5 Seconds of Summer (July 22) | Kierra Sheard's Graceland (July 22)

What are you looking forward to?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Sex Tape and Planet of the Apes are on my list! Hope you have a happy July! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide if Lucy is going to be too ridiculous to enjoy. . .I think I'll probably wait and rent it. But then again, I'm also super picky about movies I see in theaters!
    Also, definitely added California to my list of books to read - sounds very intriguing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Sex Tape (huge crush on Jason Segel over here)! I also had no idea Jason Mraz had a new album coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time is just flying and I agree , birthday month always flies by super super quick
    I want to watch how to train a dragon 2 took
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to Lucy as well!

    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never really watch TV, so I never see trailers. Lucy seems interesting, at least the premise does. Sex Tape seems funny and I haven't seen many good funny movies recently! Maybe I'll have to actually go to the movies soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Jason Segel too! I'm also looking forward to Jason Mraz's new album as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Lucy looks interesting in the trailers, but it's hard to tell if it will still be good when it's 2 hours long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I think I'm going to wait for it to come to Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I kind of want to see Sex Tape because it looks silly and funny, but it was made by the people that did Bad Teacher and that movie was terrible! Let me know if you go see it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing these and all the summer movies look great! Excited to see Sex Tape and Lucy xx

    http://stylizedluxe.blogspot.com/
    http://instagram.com/stylizedluxe

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover