Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Outfit: Neutral Shades + My Halloween Outfit

Normally when I wear clothes I feel like good ole' Sara, but while wearing this outfit I felt like a fashion blogger. I think it was all the layers, the plaid scarf, and the clickety-clack of my booties on the ground. I'll take it as a good thing!

P.S. -- I'm always looking for more people to submit to the Books & Looks series! If you know anyone would want to participate let them know about it! 
Jacket: Topshop (old) | Cardigan: Old Navy | Dress: Old Navy {similar}
Booties: DSW (old) | Umbrella: Barnes & Noble (gift) | Socks: Forever 21{owl socks!}

Instead of Mary Poppins, at the last minute I decided to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast at work. 
Dress: Forever 21 | Shirt: old | Hair Bow: Forever 21 | Heels: Payless
Book: A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall

For the Halloween potluck at work, I knew I wanted to make Jolly Rancher vodka once I saw this easy tutorial on A Beautiful Mess. Everyone thought it was a complicated recipe, but all you do it put a bunch of Jolly Ranchers in a glass bottle (I used 20), pour in vodka, close the bottle, and wait. It takes less than 24 hours for the Jolly Ranchers to infuse into the vodka. 

I'm happy to say they were a hit! 

Did you dress up for Halloween?
Have you made Jolly Rancher vodka?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

32 comments:

  1. Stunning! love the scarf and shoes!

    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute as Belle! I did a simple costume for Halloween - also a Disney girl... I dressed up as Ariel! More of an everyday dress up then a full on costume :) you look great in that first outfit! And I'm glad the jolly rancher vodka was a hit... Jolly ranchers... Yum!!! Those little things are addicting haha

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Belle look! The hair bow is sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. plaid scarf and fancy jacket , love the look fashion blogger :)

    Thats the cutest butterfly clip

    keep in touch

    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute halloween look! love the boots in the first look too. I have those and they go with everything!!
    francesca
    http://frankvinyl.com/radar-fall-wishlist/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can certainly tell why you felt like a fashion blogger! I love every little detail of this look!! And your Belle outfit for work is SPOT ON. Lovely!


    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the layers in this outfit!! That scarf is amazing on you!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Francesca! Yay boot twins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that we were both Disney Princesses! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I love the Jolly Rancher vodka! It's nostalgic and tastes good ;D

    And FEEL like a fashion blogger? You ARE one!! Silly :P But you are right, that plaid blanket scarf, faux leather jackets, and booties are making their rounds these days, but they ain't got nothing on you! :)

    Yvonne
    dearsunnyvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute color combo with the scarf, sweater, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Belle costume turned out great! I seriously slacked off this year, but for next year, I need a costume that's appropriate for work, and then a crazy one for that night :) I've never tried Jolly Rancher vodka, but I have made vodka Gummy Bears. Super good!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both outfits (yay, Belle!) are spot on :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, love your day to day style! I want to go out shopping with you someday, I feel like you would give some great fashion advice! I also love your simple, yet too cute, halloween costume! It's a great excuse to carry around a book all night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is the scarf from target-- if so I have the same one and I love it :) Your outfit came out so cute, and those bright drinks were so perfect for Halloween :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very simple and cute Belle look! I really like your umbrella, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your costume is great! I recognized you right away. =]

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that your outfit made you feel like a fashion blogger, because you are one! Your Belle costumer is perfect! It looks just like her, and I know that Belle is your favorite. Also, that vodka looks so awesome. I love that you can mix and match flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! It's from Barnes & Noble!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes it's from Target! I wear it everyday! It's just so warm! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to go shopping with you!! It would be so much fun! Aw, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you! Vodka gummy bears sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you, Yvonne!! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh neat, didn't know they sell umbrellas.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover