Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag {November 2014}

Who doesn't love a little sparkle? This month's Ipsy bag is all about the glitter because the theme is Girl Meets Glitter. Although I generally go for muted, matte colors I was excited to try these products. Maybe it's just this time of year, but lately I've been more into adding subtle sparkle to my eye make up. 

What I got:
Marc Anthony's Oil of Morocco Keratin Hairspray (full size $8.29, sample $2.50)
Temptu's Highlighter in Pink Pearl (full size $27, sample $3)

This month's bag is worth $42.50!
MINI REVIEWS
Marc Anthony's Oil of Morocco Keratin Hairspray

Confession: I haven't used this yet, but since it has argan oil and keratin I'm excited to use it to see how it works on my frizzy hair. I'll be using this the next time I braid my hair to help keep it in place. 

Elizabeth Mott's You're So Fine Waterproof Eyeliner in Glitterati 

Not only is the slim, striped packaging really nice, but this product is amazing. The tip is flexible and the bristles are long to be guided along the curve of the eye. This liquid eyeliner is very black, has hints of glitter, and stays put all day. The only downside is that if you forget that you have it on and then rub your eye it flakes a lot. Definitely would recommend this!

J. Cat's Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion

Since the product and the packaging reminds me of a OCC's lip tar, I was really excited to try this. It's not a bad product by any means, but it needs a lot of attention. It's a very liquid-y lipstick, it bleeds a little, and was a little sticky at first. I didn't even eat anything after wearing it and the product disappeared after two hours, which I found really odd. I do like the peppermint scent and I think this particular color is really nice. Not the best lip product out there though. 

Be A Bombshell's Eye Base in Submissive 

This bronze color is gorgeous and lately I've been adding it to the center of my eyelids to add a bit of sparkle and glam. It stays put all day and it's the kind of color that would go with so many make up looks on so many skin tones. I would recommend this! 

Temptu's Highlighter in Pink Pearl 

If you haven't heard of Temptu, it's an airbrush beauty tool. You put these pods in the airbrush and it sprays your make up on your face. I don't have one because I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on getting the kit, but I've heard that it creates flawless make up. Anyway, this little highlighter would probably be used in a airbrush, but I used my hands to dot some of it on my face and works just as well. This pink pearl highlighter is stunning! The best word I can use to describe it is luminescent. It adds a subtle pink glow to your skin that catches the light. I would recommend it, but it's pricey!

What new beauty products have you tried recently?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this month's bag! We both got the Morocco Keratin Hairspray and eyeliner! I also got some OPI glitter nail polish, hand creme and sea salt Exfoliant! I was so GLAD the bag didn't have actual glitter on it because I hate when the glitter falls off everywhere <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad the lippy wasn't all that great, but that's so nice that its minty :) I love mint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a very similar bag to you! I loooove the glittery bag, first of all. I haven't tried all the products yet, but the hairspray is perfect because I don't really use hairspray either, so a small travel size will go a long way. Stay tuned for my Birchbox vs. Ipsy post!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glittery bag is so cute! I'll definitely be bringing the hairspray with me when I travel to Austin next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also hate when there's actual glitter! My friends know to not get me glittery birthday cards because I hate getting the glitter all over my hands! lol

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover