Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag {May 2015}

How great is this bag?! I got "Contents: My Life," but I saw on Instagram that others also got "Contents: Pretty Important Stuff" or "VIP: Very Important Products." This month's theme is Jetsetter, which is perfect because I'm hopping on a plane to Pittsburgh tomorrow and I'll be using this bag to house my make up.

What I received:
♥ Skone Cosmetic's Pretty Eyes Automatic Eyeliner in Navy {full size $15}
♥ IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream {full size $38, sample $7}
♥ Briogeo's Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioning Spray {full size $20, sample $4}
♥ Klorane's Smoothing and Relaxing Patches {full size $21 for 7 sets, sample $6 for 2 sets}
♥ Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil {full size $16, sample $5}
♥ BONUS: Urban Decay's High-Color Lipgloss in Failbat & Bittersweet
MINI REVIEWS

Skone Cosmetic's Pretty Eyes Automatic Eyeliner in Navy 

I generally don't wear anything other than black and brown eyeliner (sometimes an Urban Decay dark purple eyeliner), so at first this color kind of scared me. This "navy" is pretty bright to be called that. But I wore it this past weekend and liked the way it looked. I don't think I'll wear it all the time, but it's something fun to wear during the summer.  

IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream 

I've tried BB creams before, which were too thin to really cover anything, so I didn't think this CC cream would be that much different. Luckily, this is right between foundation and BB creams; it's not too thick, but it does a good job of covering redness. Plus I like that it smells like lemon and has SPF 50+. I would definitely recommend this. 

Briogeo's Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioning Spray

I've tried other products by this company before and really liked them, but this one by far is the best. My hair gets frizzy in the summer (New York is notoriously humid), so sometimes every day I need something to calm the frizz after coming out of the shower. This liquid-y spray has a light floral scent and works wonders. 

Klorane's Smoothing and Relaxing Patches

I love using these! I think it's fun to use the blackhead patches on my nose and pull them off to see what grossness is there. Please tell me you like doing this too! These are different of course: these soothing ones have cornflower and are meant to moisturize and brighten tired eyes. I didn't see a difference, but they sure were fun to use. 

Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil

To be honest, I haven't tried this yet, but I've heard great things about it. It's a clear lip pencil that you use on your lip line or your whole lip before putting on lipstick or lipgloss. I'll definitely be using this to make sure my lipstick stays put. 

BONUS: Urban Decay's High-Color Lipgloss in Failbat & Bittersweet

Unfortunately, I'm not a lipgloss girl. I find them too sticky and I don't like that I can feel something on my lips. However, I decided to try the bright pink (FailBait) and it's not as sticky or uncomfortable as I thought it would be. I think that because it's a thicker gloss, almost like a liquid lipstick. I'm excited to try the purple one (Bittersweet).

Have you tried any of these products?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I think some of this is okay, but the Urban Decay's High-Color Lipgloss in Failbat & Bittersweet is one I would LOVE. I adore Urban Decay, and those colors are wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some great stuff. I LOVE CC cream! The one I have is perfectly smooth and creamy with the right amount of coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I that little "contents of my life" bag! So cute!

    http://elementsofellis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a couple of the same products as you! I haven't tried my Urban Decay lipgloss yet but I'm excited to. The purple one makes me a little nervous but I will give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome that you got Urban Decay products! I LOVE Urban Decay. Their glide-on eye pencil is my favorite so I bet their glide-on lip pencil is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute bag! love the blue eyeliner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that bag!!! So cute! Wow, that UD lip gloss looks great. Love the color!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great bag! Not only is the little pouch so cute and cheeky, there are a lot of products I would love to try! That cc cream sounds perfect for summer with the spf 50. And I'm the same, I find using those blackhead patch things a real thrill ;)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a sucker for BB cream but have never tried CC cream. I usually just mix BB cream and foundation. Reading this, I think I should try CC cream! ;)

    Dara | Hola Darla | @DarlaOct

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover