Monday, August 22, 2016

Favorite 2016 Reads (So Far)

We're more than halfway through the year and I've managed to read both newly-published books and books I've been wanting to read for years. Since an avalanche of fantastic books have been published in 2016, I wanted to share my favorite reads of the year in case you're looking for a new book or want to get a second opinion about these fresh fiction selections. 

Below are new books (in no particular order) that I adore along with a quote from my book review:

NEW FAVORITES:
 Love Charms & Others Catastrophes -- "I really loved Hijiri's POV because we got to see how love charms are actually made."

 Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here -- "I found myself laughing out loud (literally!) on almost every single page. I like that this book is a darker, raunchier, sassier version of Fangirl."

 I Am Princess X -- "I got so into it that I read it in 24 hours! I literally couldn't put this book down because I had to know what would happen and whether Libby really was alive." 

 The Forbidden Wish -- "The Forbidden Wish took the main plotline from Aladdin and made it better. I don't want to give too much away because the joy is in seeing it unfold as you read it."

 A Study in Charlotte -- "This book is delightful and smart and focuses on deduction (obviously) and the growing, at times strained, and strange relationship between Charlotte Holmes and James Watson."

 Lois Lane Double Down -- "The story is exciting and fun and suspenseful and has a modern-meets-1940s investigative feel with a bad ass heroine!"

 Madly -- "It's set in the 21st century, but magic and potions and fantastical creatures (unicorns!) exist. It could be weird, but somehow it works. It didn't feel forced or strange."

 Jane Steele -- "Is it horrible if I like this fresh, Gothic retelling of Jane Eyre more than the original? (Probably. But I do.) Jane Steele is Eyre's story for a modern audience. It's raw, emotional, sensual, bloody, thought-provoking, and a damn good read."

 This Savage Song -- "This book is an absolute gem! It's dark, strange, scary, thought-provoking, and beautiful. The characters are what make this story sing (pun intended). I would follow these characters anywhere!"

 P.S. I Like You -- "How do I even express how much I liked this book? It's simply too cute for words!"

 My Lady Jane -- "My Lady Jane is a mix of tweaked history, humor, and magic--and it's so well done. It sounds like an odd combination and yet it works because the three wonderful main characters."

So far I've read a nice mix of fantasy and contemporary, and funnily enough, every book listed was written by a woman! I used to read more books by men than women, but now it's the reverse. Not that it really matters since it's the synopsis that makes me want to read a book and not the gender of an author, but it's amusing how things have changed. 
2016 BOOKS I WANT TO READ: 
 A Court of Mist and Fury
 All The Feels
 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
 Nevernight
 The Woman in Cabin 10
 The Yoga of Max's Discontent
 Ghostly Echoes (pub date: August 23)
 The Call (pub date: August 30)
 The Thousandth Floor (pub date: August 30)
 Three Dark Crowns (pub date: September 20)
 Vassa in the Night (pub date: September 20)
 Crooked Kingdom (pub date: September 27)
 Frost (pub date: October 11)
 Timekeeper (pub date: November 1)
 Heartless (pub date: November 8)
 Ever the Hunted (pub date: December 27)

My list of books that I want to read (and just the ones published this year!) could go on forever, so I tried to keep it short. You can see all of the books I want to read on my TBR Goodreads list

Have you read any of these?
What 2016 books are on your TBR?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover