Thursday, January 23, 2014

Inspired By: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty + Sponsor: Omoroka

Last week, when I needed a pick-me-up, I went to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by myself, and I'm so glad I did. It was a wonderful, feel-good movie about adventure, taking risks, seeing the world in new ways, and believing in yourself. I couldn't stop smiling while watching it!

This movie is about Walter Mitty, who daydreams about going on adventures and about winning the heart of his co-worker, Cheryl. He works at Life magazine, which is transitioning to an online magazine, so it's his job to handle the photograph that is going to be used as a cover for the final print issue, but the photograph isn't there, so he goes on an adventure to track down the photographer, Sean O'Connell. 

Walter Mitty
Walter Mitty
{Click for item info}

Walter Mitty (Ben Stiler, who also directed the film) turns the negatives into photographs for the cover of Life magazine. Negative 25 is supposed to be used as the last cover, but it's missing, so Walter has to go and find Sean, the photographer. Walter is a daydreamer and a hard-working guy, so he doesn't want the last issue to go to print without a cover. 

Dress like Walter in his office attire: white button up, black pencil skirt, red purse, colorful watch, and bow wedges. Or if you're skateboarding through Iceland, wear a burgundy sweater, cargo pants, brown wallet, and black flats. 

Cheryl Melhoff
Cheryl Melhoff
Cheryl Melhoff (Kristen Wiig) is Walter's kind co-worker, who helps him figure out where Sean is currently taking pictures. She has a young son, Rich, who likes to skateboard. Walter daydreams about her while he's in the office and when he's on his adventures. 

A cute office look is to wear a blue chiffon blouse, blue printed pencil skirt, long necklace, and black heels. Or if you're singing in someone's daydream with a guitar, inspiring them to take the leap, wear a striped sweater, feather necklace, pink bracelet, distressed jeans, and boots. 

Sean O'Connell
Sean O'Connell
Sean O'Connell (Sean Penn) is a photojournalist who travels the world taking pictures for Life magazine. He has a close relationship with Walter, despite the two never having met. Along with the last negatives, Sean sends Walter a leather wallet with Life's motto embossed in it. 

If you're out taking photographs out in the far reaches of the world, wear a hooded coat, black sweater, green pants, lace-up boots, and a camera mug. Or dress in a black coat, black chiffon blouse, black jeans, and gray booties. 

Adventure!
Adventure Outfits
Walter Mitty has daydreamed all his life about traveling the world, so that he could have something exciting to put on his eHarmony profile and so that he could win over Cheryl. It's only when negative 25 is missing that Walter finally gets up the courage to get on a plane and have an adventure. 

During the film, Sean gives Walter a wallet that is embossed with Life's motto:
"To see the world,
things dangerous to come to,
to see behind walls, draw closer,
to find each other, and to feel.
That is the purpose of life."
I put together two sightseeing outfits: you could wear a denim dress, tribal print cardigan, map watch, bird earrings, and yellow flats. Or instead you could wear a photograph t-shirt, jeans, white Converse, bicycle print scarf, and travel journal. 

♥ ♥ 
Say hello to Omoroka, the jewelry store!
Omoroka
We are young European couple with a dream of starting family business. Our main products mainly are handcrafted jewelry for all kinds of occasions: gifts, religious or just everyday wear. We are not gifted writers but our products speak for themselves -- check them yourself!

Omoroka sells handmade jewelry with a simple, elegant style and that's what I like about the shop. I personally love jewelry that's understated because it stands the test of time. There are are silver, gold, and rose gold pieces with leaves, anchors, cats, angels, crosses, hamsas, Swarovski crystals, and more. At Omoroka's shop, you can also get monogramed jewelry. There's something there for everyone!


All month, get a 15% discount on all items with the code OmorokaOnBlog!

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

33 comments:

  1. I really like the Cheryl inspired look. And that "motto" sounds like a good one to live by - I have yet to see this movie, but I'm really excited to soon!


    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara! I too loved this movie and your inspiration outfit boards are amazing! I feel like you nailed all the characters so well (+ bonus points for adventure)!! I'm off to shopp all the Cheryl stuff, because who doesn't want to be Kristen Wiig?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear the film is really good! loving all the fashion inspirations xo

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that you're drawing inspiration from everyone in the movie!! great outfits. i really want to see this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the movie but it looks really good. I think I could use all the clothes in the Sean look for these freezing temps!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Headband Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everygoodthingblog by MelissaJanuary 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM

    what a creative post! i love that you used this movie to inspire your looks! i still haven't seen it yet, but i really want to! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you like it, Melissa!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! It was fantastic! I would 100% recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Chelsea! It's a wonderful movie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Cheryl inspired outfit and all the pieces of jewellery are fantastic
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This seems like such a cute movie! Totally up my alley. I love the looks you put together inspired from the film. So cute!!

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen the movie, but now I'd love to check it out! Thanks for sharing your thought and such great style inspirations :) p.s. I'm hosting $50 gift card giveaway. Hope you can check it out - xo akiko

    $50 Gift card Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm obsessed with this movie! I'm so glad you like it :)

    Naomi Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great movie with a great cast.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely loved this film. It is one of the best I've ever seen and I'm so impressed by Stiller's work. I actually just did a post on it myself. You've done such a cute job making character inspired outfits too - I love it.

    http://thecarnabetianarmy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you like this post! I'm definitely going to check out yours!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks!! It's a great feel-good movie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been meaning to see this movie but haven't had the time to yet! I love this outfit inspiration post you have here. Sean O' Connell's inspired one is so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Does anybody know, where I can buy cheryls bag?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the adventure! picks and I have that London iPhone case ejejej



    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Dani! I just wanted to let you know that if you click on the outfit collections, it will take you to Polyvore, and from there you can click on the items to be taken to the website to buy it! But I did the work for you: you can buy it at DSW! http://bit.ly/1dYfbTy


    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish I was skateboarding through Iceland! I recently got fascinated by the country after watching a docu about it on Travel Channel, haha. It's soooo beautiful. Friends of mine have been there and tell nothing but amazing stories. So yeah. Might have to go and see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty too now! ^^ Love the outfits you did for Sean. They're perfect for travelling, especially now that it's a bit colder :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to visit Iceland too! From the pictures I've seen, it's breathtaking! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Sean O'Connell outfits look perfect for a winter adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really need to see this movie! Love the inspiration :)


    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover