Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag (December 2013 + January 2014)


Last month I forgot to show you what I got in my December Ipsy Glam Bag, so I figured I would show you December's and January's bags. It's a fun mix of goodies, beauty and skincare, that I'm excited to use. Seeing as December has Christmas and New Year's Eve, the theme was Celebration, and this bag was my absolute favorite so far -- it's black and quilted and looks so cool. 


For the month of December, I received:
♥ POP Beauty Eye Shadow Trio in Naturally Bare (full size $24, sample $7)
♥ Mirabella Eye Blender Brush (full size $27)

This bag's products was worth $59!
MINI REVIEWS:
POP Beauty Eye Shadow Trio in Naturally Bare 

I love natural eye shadow colors and in this trio there's a natural bronze, a chocolate brown, and a dark taupe color that are all metallic. These eye shadows are so soft and really pigmented and the colors compliment each other well. The size of this tiny palette is perfect for throwing in your bag, and the packaging is really cute.

Be A Bombshell the One Stick in Flustered 

I was a little scared of the coral red color of this One Stick, but once I got better at applying it (two dabs on my cheeks and using my fingers to blend), it makes my cheeks look naturally flushed. I'm not a huge glitter person, but the gold flecks are nice and you can kind of tap them off if you want them gone. 

Mirabella Eye Blender Brush 

This metallic brush looks really nice up close, and the brush itself is smooth and none of the hairs have fallen out (I always hate when that happens). It blends my eye shadow well and I'm going to continue using it. 

Nika K New York Nail Polish in NY112 Classic Taupe 

I was a little disappointed at first with the nail polish color, but once I tested it on one of my nails I realized that it's a lovely chocolate-y taupe color. A nice moody winter color that only needs one to two coats. I will definitely use this color in the future. 

NYX Extra Creamy Lipstick in Ceto 

NYX's lipsticks are really creamy, go on so smooth, there are so many colors and different finishes (matte, creamy, butter), and overall I love their lip products, but I was disappointed with the color I was given. Sadly it's just not something I would wear, but I do love NYX's other lipsticks. 
The theme for January is 19 Reasons, as in the companies that contributed to the bag this month, are the 19 reasons you'll be feeling amazing in 2014. Most of the companies make skincare products, so Ipsy wants us to start off the year with great skin. I'm all for it! I think this month's bag is really cute with the blue skincare bottles on the bottom. 

For the month of January, I received:
♥ Ã‰picé Purifying Exfoliant (full size $32, sample $10)
♥ MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm in #5 Natural (full size $30, sample $15ish)
♥ Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads (included with the Proactiv kits)

This bag was worth over $44!
MINI REVIEWS:
Briogeo's Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask

I have to start by saying that this deep conditioning mask smells amazing; fresh and light and natural. I also think the packaging is really cute. I've used it twice so far and it made my hair soft and less frizzy, which is always a good thing. This is now remaining in my shower. 

Épicé Purifying Exfoliant 

My skin goes back and forth between being really oily and really dry, so when its dry and patchy I love exfoliating. The tiny "sand" particles in this exfoliant felt nice against my skin. It felt like it was really getting to the layers beneath and getting rid of the dry skin on top. My skin was so smooth afterwards. 

MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm in #5 Natural 

I like the natural, dark pink color, but I really didn't like this product. It says its a lip balm, but it's very drying. It's more like lipstick in a pot. If I do wear this, I would put on lip balm first and then apply some of this color. 

Yaby Natural Finish Liquid Foundation in Buff 

This foundation perfectly matches my skin tone. I put it on and I was amazed that people I'd never met had given me the right foundation when I can't find it myself. I think this is a great foundation; it goes on smooth and looks natural and I like that it's oil-free. While I don't mind that it's not a thick consistency this means that it doesn't completely cover red spots or pimples. Still, I'll continue using this foundation. 

Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads 

I have no idea if these fading pads really work because I only got four of them, but I hope they do because I have some spots that I want gone. The pads have a slight chemical smell, but don't smell bad. They also made my skin feel really clean. 

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

22 comments:

  1. This bag is full of amazing goodies, I loved be a bombshell
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some great samples! I'm really loving that nail color in December's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to sign up for one of these! They always look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got my January Ipsy bag! I love the Be a Bombshell one stick! It definitely looks natural when blended well. I use it everyday. And the Briogeo hair mask is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun! I love the whole idea of monthly bags! I'm a total nail polish hoarder, I feel like I have so much of it! oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pink lipstick catched immediately my eyes! I love pink and this color looks great. The Fading Pads sounds interesting!

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, Sara! It's so fun trying new beauty products. I love the black quilted bag, too!


    Christie
    The Closet by Christie


    theclosetbychristie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color of the be a bombshell stick! So pretty! and I need to try those proactiv+ fading pads.


    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I'm pretty lame when it comes to my make up (read: too lazy to try new things), this looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whenever I see reviews of the Ipsy Glam Bags I wonder why I haven't subscribed yet! They always look so cute, but that December one really knocked it out of the park, it's so fun and festive.
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those eye shadows! So cute. Perfectly neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really should try it out! It's fun trying out new products and they're geared towards what you like since you first take a survey about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a lot of fun to try new products! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the pads so far, but sadly they don't come separately. You have to get them in a pack with other Proactiv+ items.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love getting nail polish because for me they last forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're a lot of fun! And only $10 a month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. there are lots of beauties in the December bags!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover