Thursday, December 18, 2014

Inspired By: Into The Woods

OMG guys I'm so excited to see Into the Woods! To be perfectly honest, I had no idea it was a Broadway musical before this until I looked into the movie on Wikipedia. Oops. Still, I'm really looking forward to seeing it on Christmas and then getting some Chinese food after. 

Into the Woods interweaves the fairy tale characters of Cinderella, Rapunzel, Little Red Riding Hood, and Jack and the Beanstalk with the original tale of the Baker and his wife. The Baker and his wife want to reverse a terrible curse, but to do so they need items from the fairy tale characters. They all wish for something, but you should always be careful what you wish for because it might just come true. 

The Witch
The Witch

The Witch (Meryl Streep) is the one who tells the Baker and his wife that their curse can be reversed, but first they must get her four items (a golden slipper, a red hood, a white cow, and yellow hair), but getting these items is not as easy as it seems. 

Go monochromatic in a blue blazer, a black and white striped dress, blue druzy earrings, and lacey heels. Or don a black velvet blazer, a tulle dress, golden stud earrings, and black booties. 

Cinderella
Cinderella
Cinderella (Anna Kendrick) wants nothing more than to go to the ball, but she's also unsure that a fancy life with a prince is what she really wants. She wishes for more in life and that is what she gets. 

Go for a hipster Cinderalla look: a black and white blouse underneath a gray fit and flare dress, a clock necklace, gray thigh high socks, and black booties. Or go glam in a bronze metallic dress, sparkly bracelet, and sequin heels or sparkly bow flats. 

Rapunzel 
Rapunzel
Rapunzel (MacKenzie Mauzy) has lived her whole life trapped in a tower as the "daughter" of the Witch, but she wishes for a life beyond her small, limited tower; she wants to see the world. The world can be a dangerous place, but at times it's the ones closest to us that do us most harm. 

Add a girly touch: wear a pink blazer, a white lace dress, a pink bow headband, and nude bow heels. Or wear a pink and gold dress, a bow bracelet, pink lipstick, and black MaryJane heels. 

The Baker's Wife
The Baker's Wife
The Baker's Wife (Emily Blunt), along with her husband, want get rid of their curse. Due to a curse placed on her husband's father, they can't have children and they will do whatever it takes to reverse it. They interact with all of the fairy tale characters as they try to take the items needed to change the curse. 

Be comfy and cozy: wear a brown faux-leather jacket, a pink and blue striped dress, a sparkly necklace, and buckled ankle boots. Or put on a long brown cardigan, a dark red dress, an arrow cuff, and heeled booties. 


Will you be seeing this movie?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

22 comments:

  1. I am so excited about this movie! Such a varied and amazing cast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see this film! There's been ads all over the NYC subway stations so almost every time I go anywhere I'm reminded that there's still another whole week until it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize it was a broadway musical either but I SO want to see it! Love these collages you make!

    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  4. the dress from cinderella outfit is so good

    Keep in touch

    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know it was a Broadway musical - how cool! I want to steal everything from your Cinderella outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see this movie SO BADLY! It looks like it will be fantastic! I love the outfit choices for the baker's wife, those colors are so up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited to see this movie!

    ♥ Naomi Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for this film it's unreal.
    But I wish...more than anything...to have all these outfits! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing Sara! I love these outfits and am excited for the movie!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. The outfits you put together always look like something I want to wear! I'm excited for Into The Woods, too, but I heard they took out all the naughty bits

    ReplyDelete
  11. ive heard about the musical for a while and I really wanted to see it. Really excited about the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I had no idea! No I want to watch the original play so that I can compare it to the movie! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me too! I wish we could see it together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw it in Grand Central earlier this week! I keep seeing the commercial on TV and it makes me want to see it even more!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover