Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag {December 2014}

This Ipsy bag was by far one of my favorites! I love the items I got and I know I'll get a lot of use out of them. I'm not a fan of the bag itself, but I think it's a nice touch that everyone was divided into a specific and awesome category. I'm an Inspiring Original, but there's also Fearless Heroine, Talented Being, Creative Genius, and Brave Soul. 

What I got:
 Nourishing Organics' Renewing Eye Cream (available in January)
 Bumble and bumble's Repair Blow Dry Serum (full $14, sample $5)
 tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara (full $20, sample $5)
 NYX's Butter Lip Balm in Parfait (full $4)
 CAILYN's Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid (full $15)

This bag is worth $29 plus whatever the eye cream is worth!
MINI REVIEWS

Nourishing Organics' Renewing Eye Cream

Eye creams are hard to do reviews on because they probably take a few days or weeks to start working, so just based on my first impression this seems like a nice eye cream. It has a subtle scent, it's 100% natural, and it sinks into the skin easily and doesn't feel greasy after. 

Bumble and bumble's Repair Blow Dry Serum

This serum smells so good! I don't blow dry my hair, but I would use it after straightening or curling my hair. I used it after showering on damp hair and I noticed that my hair was smoother and less frizzy the next day. It seems like a multi-use item and not something you just have to use before blow drying. I would recommend this. 

tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara

The thin, short bristles remind me of one of my favorite mascaras: Sephora's Full Action mascara. Though Sephora mascara bristles are in a spiral staircase shape whereas the tarte one is your stand bristle shape. The mascara is that perfect medium where it's not too dry and not too wet, so it easily coats your lashes and makes them look fuller without clumping. I'd say this thickens more than lengths, which I prefer. I would recommend this. 

NYX's Butter Lip Balm in Parfait

I LOVE this lip balm! I'm always excited to get lip balm, but I really like this one because it's from NYX, it has a light wash of color that can be layered to make the color stronger, and it's moisturizing. And it smells amazing -- sweet and delicious. I would definitely recommend this. 

CAILYN's Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid 

I'm usually not into things that are too sparkly, but I really like this mineral eye shadow. It's a golden taupe metallic color that can be worn intensified if you pat the applicator on or more subtle if you blend it in, so you have a lot of options. Plus the nail polish bottle shape is really fun. I would recommend this. 

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

4 comments:

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover