Monday, December 1, 2014

Watch | Read | Listen {December 2014}

Happy December! The last month of the year always means there's an amazing movie selection! I kind of feel like I should be living at the movie theater this month. In November I saw Big Hero 6 and Mockingjay and absolutely loved both of them. Did you see Mockingjay? What did you think of it? This month I'll definitely be seeing The Hobbit, Annie, and Into the Woods. What about you?

MOVIES

Wild 
Reese Witherspoon brings Cheryl Strayed's adventure to life by playing a heroin addict that destroyed her marriage. Strayed makes the rash decision to hike more than a thousand miles on the Pacific Crest Trail on her own with no experience. She goes on an incredible journey of hardships and self-discovery. (Watch the trailer.) (December 5)

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
The final installment of the Hobbit trilogy arrives! Bilbo's (Martin Freeman) journey takes him to the Lonely Mountain where he must make a dangerous choice alongside the dwarves, elves, and men as Smaug the dragon rains fire down upon them and evil rises up. (Watch the trailer.) Definitely seeing this! (December 17)

Annie 
Annie (Quvenzhane Wallis), the happy and young foster kid who lives with foster mom Miss Hannigan (Cameron Diaz), is tough enough to make her way on the streets of New York in 2014. Everything changes for her when mayoral candidate Will Stacks (Jamie Foxx) takes her in as a campaign move, but her sunny outlook begins to change things. (Watch the trailer.) I want to see this so badly! (December 19)

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb
Night guard Larry (Ben Stiller) takes an epic journey around the world to figure out why the magical powers of the Tablet of Ahkmenrah is dying out and to save it before it's gone forever. Also starring Robin Williams, Owen Wilson, Steve Coogan, Patrick Gallagher, Ben Kingsley, and Rebel Wilson. (Watch the trailer.) (December 19)

Into the Woods
It all begins with a family and the witch who tells them what they must do in order to reverse their curse. This humorous and musical movie interweaves the original tale of this family with that of Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Rapunzel. (Watch the trailer.) This looks fantastic! (December 25)

Unbroken
Angelina Jolie brings to life the epic and harrowing tale of Olympian and war hero Louis Zamperini (Jack O'Connell), who survived in a raft for 47 days after a near-fatal plane crash in WWII only to become a prisoner of war in Japan. This is a true story of what it takes to survive. (Watch the trailer.) (December 25)

Other movies:
  • Dying of the Light (Dec. 5)
  • Life Partners (Dec. 5)
  • She's Beautiful When She's Angry (Dec. 5)
  • The Captive (Dec. 12)
  • Exodus: Gods and Kings (Dec. 12)
  • The Color of Time (Dec. 12)
  • The Gambler (Dec. 19)
  • Mr. Turner (Dec. 19)
  • Song of the Sea (Dec. 19)
  • American Sniper (Dec. 25)
  • The Interview (Dec. 25)

BOOKS & MUSIC
Books & Music -- Dec. 2014
  • The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant -- In the early 1900s, Addie Baum is the daughter to immigrant parents. Addie's life in America means short skirts, movies, and opportunities she never thought of before -- going to college. (December 9)
  • Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz -- Days after Holmes and Moriarty's struggle at the Reichenback Falls and fall into the waterfall, Moriarty's death has left a vacancy in the criminal underworld and there's no shortage of people who would like to take his place. Frederick Chase, a detective at Pinkerton Detective Agency, in search of one particular criminal mastermind. (December 9)
  • Clean Slate: A Cookbook and Guide by Editors of Martha Stewart Living -- This cookbook focuses on eating clean, whole, unprocessed foods and these delicious and healthy recipes will help you do just that. (December 16)
  • We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sunquist -- A true and hilarious story about what happens when a guy tracks down all of the girls he tried to date since middle school and asks: What went wrong? (December 23)
  • Make It Happen: Surrender Your Fear. Take The Leap. Live On Purpose. by Lara Casey -- The story of how one woman chose to make "it"-- her purpose in life -- happen, and how you can too. (December 30)
She & Him's Classics (Dec. 2) | Smashing Pumpkins' Monuments to an Elegy (Dec. 9)
Charlie XCX's Sucker (Dec. 15)

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

26 comments:

  1. OMG so many amazing movies are coming out, i wish they release Cinderella , a night at museum, annie and wild soon in india

    Keep in touch

    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post.I love Anne!
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see The Hobbit!

    ♥ Naomi Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't too huge of a fan of Mockingjay, but I am so flipping excited for The Hobbit!! Also, Into the Woods. They're going to be so good. Moriarty also sounds like a rather interesting read!


    Sara // Dear Skim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you know for sure that I normally don't watch TV or films, but now I want to see this Annie film! Thanks for sharing and happy new week :)

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    International Giveway: Christmas Surprise with Self Interest

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I need to live at the movies too! I really want to see Mockingjay! I saw Big Hero 6 and loved it! It is so cute!

    http://www.kaciesklosetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to see Annie and Night at the Museum, but Ben won't go with me to either :( I need to kidnap a little kid so I have an excuse to go! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to see Night at the Museum! So fun!


    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw Big Hero 6 too! Did you get the Baymax pin?? & the Hanging Tree song has been stuck in my mind for the past week since I saw it last week! >< I also saw Interstellar which is a pretty amazing movie. Yeah..I was basically at the movies every week haha and I am DEFINITELY watching the hobbit, no doubt about it. Already looking to prebuy tickets :X

    & DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT A HOLMES RELATED BOOK. I read through all of the Sherlock in a day, almost as fast as I did through any Jane Austen book >< I will need to stop by B&N to check out that book now! Thanks for the tip :)

    Yvonne
    dearsunnyvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited for Into the Woods! And I love the poster you have for it... it's a little spooky with the fog moving lol

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm seeing The Hobbit, Annie, and Into the Woods! I'm SUPER excited for Into the Woods & the Hobbit! I'll also be listening to She & Him Classics, I'm so happy it came out today <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhh I want to see Into the Woods sooooo badly - its a great musical and with so many fabulous actors I bet it will be amazing! As far as Annie goes, the classic Annie is the only one for me - modernization is annoying!! Leave the classics aloooonnneeeee!! Wild looks far too intense for meeee but good anyway if ya wanna see into the woods, you know who to call!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're definitely seeing the movie together!!! Yay! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're just as excited about these movies as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that poster too! Definitely spooky in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want a Baymax pin!! Big Hero 6 was so fantastic that I want to get it on DVD when it comes out! I had the Hanging Tree song stuck in my head after watching the movie too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't lure children with candy. I hear that's frowned upon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope so too! Because these movies look good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice! If you want, I can send you one of my *ahem* few Baymax pins. I may or may not have gone back a few times as different Yvonnes hahah (with a moustache, with a cane, with a limp, oh my! jk about the cane loll

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that you have several Baymax pins! I would absolutely love one! Hehe! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover