Thursday, January 22, 2015

Inspired By: Galavant

It seems I can't get enough of musicals lately. First Into the Woods, and now Galavant. If you haven't watched Galavant you should. It's like The Princess Bride meets Robin Hood: Men in Tights. It's about Galavant, a dashing knight who is determined to fight evil King Richard (Timothy Omundson) and take back the love of his life, Madalena. It's a hilarious show with cheeky and memorable songs. 

This miniseries has already aired six episodes, but you can find it online. The last two episodes are this Sunday at 8pm EST on ABC.

Galavant
Galavant

After the dashing and good-looking Galavant (Joshua Sasse) is dumped by his true love, Madalena, who decides to stay with King Richard, he becomes a lazy drunk. It's only after Princess Isabella comes to his door that he decides to go on an epic journey to fight for his love, along with Sid, his squire. 

Go comfy and casual in a green tunic, a faux fur vest, ponte knit leggings, and tall brown riding boots. Or dress super chic in all black: a quilted moto jacket, a black tee, black jeans, gloves, and tall black boots. 

Princess Isabella
Princess Isabella
Princess Isabella Maria Lucia Elizabetta of Valencia (Karen David) finds Galavant and convinces him to save her kingdom after her parents were kidnapped by King Richard. She goes on this journey with Galavant and Sid. 

Wear something fun and flowy: a floral headband, a black cross-cross crop top, a burgundy maxi skirt, and pointed toe flats. Or maybe throw on something a little more fancy: a dark red dress, jeweled cuffs, a beaded belt, and nude heels. 

Madalena
Madalena
Madalena (Mallory Jansen) is kidnapped by King Richard after he falls for her beauty, but when Galavant barges into the castle to stop the wedding she decides to marry the king. She plays the king like a fiddle and gets him to do what she wants. 

Go cute and casual: a sunny yellow dress, a brown faux leather jacket, and cobalt flats. Or wear something fit for a queen: a gold leaf headband, an open black sweater, a fuchsia dress, a beaded clutch, and black pumps. 

Sid
Sid
Sid (Luke Youngblood) is Galavant's young squire who encourages him to get out there and be the hero he knows Galavant can be, so when Princess Isabella comes Sid tells Galavant to seize the chance to reclaim his reputation. 

Wear something simple but chic: a brown open cardigan, a loose white blouse, black jeans, and lace up boots. Or put on a white side-zipper sweater, a rust-colored vest, green jeans, an arrow ring, and flats. 


Have you been watching Galavant?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

23 comments:

  1. really liked the galavent section of outfit, the leather jacket is so cool

    keep in touch

    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I've never even heard of Galavant! It sounds right up my alley though, I'll have to check it out. I love Madalena's outfit you created!


    http://kylaisinspired.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. all of the outfits you made really look exactly like modern versions of what the characters wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Princess Isabella flatlay is just so gorgeous, thanks for informing us about Galavant. :)




    RAYA
    www.raysofraya.com
    INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/raysofraya/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/raysofraya
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/raysofraya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um... And where are the outfits for King Richard??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfits!! I'm so bummed that I missed out on this because I love goofy musicals. Robin Hood Men In Tights is one of my favorite movies ever. Maybe I will try to catch up online and record the rest of them on my DVR

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't watched this series but meant to! Love the round-up of outfits you took as inspiration!

    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard about this series since I read this post, but since I really like that kind of films, I'll give it a try! Oh and btw your sets are so cool...My favs are Galavant's one and Madalena's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that fur vest!! I need to watch this!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of this show but I will look it up!, love the madalena outfit xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, I have never heard of this before! I am so behind...
    But it looks really interesting and those outfits are so cute. That white sweater and that brown jacket for the Sid outfit would work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Princess Isabella's outfit is so pretty! I watched the first episode and I liked it. I need to catch up!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay I'm glad you watched it! It's a fun show!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you would like this show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! You definitely should! It a fun show!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Nancy! It's a wonderful show!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please catch up online! It's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I usually just pick 4 people to create outfits, so I decided not to go with King Richard sadly. But I love the actor and the character!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover