Friday, January 16, 2015

Review: Elegy for a Dead World

**I was given this game for free to review. All opinions are my own.**

To be honest, I don't play video games all that often, but I was excited when I was offered to test out Elegy for a Dead World. Who could say no to trying out a computer game? 

Elegy for a Dead World, created by Dejobaan Games, is a game about for writers. In the game, you're an astronaut who is exploring dead, unknown worlds and as you go along you write about what you see. On Dejobaan's website, it says: "Three portals have opened to uncharted worlds. Earth has sent a team of explorers to investigate them, but after an accident, you are the sole survivor. Your mission remains the same: survey these worlds and write the only accounts of them that outsiders will ever know." You're like an outer space anthropologist by writing an account of these distant worlds. 

Let me count the things I like about this game: 
  1. It's beautiful. Seriously, look at these screen shots of the game. 
  2. The music is calming and wistful.
  3. You can choose between using prompts or doing it completely on your own.
  4. There are three world's (Shelley's World, Keat's World, and Byron's World) and each world has various melancholy prompts. 
  5. After you complete your story, you can share it and read other people's stories. 
The only downside? I wish you could explore the world more because it's just so gorgeous.

If you're a writer with writer's block and you want to mix things up, Elegy for a Dead World would be a great way to do it. It's a stunning game and you can pretty much write about anything. You can just write about what you see or create a whole history for why these worlds are dead. It's entirely up to you. Even when you're given a prompt, you can delete some or all of the words from the prompt to make it your own. 

Sometimes it's nice to shake things up and not have to write my novel, but still get some form of writing done.

gif5
(First image from Dejobaan)

Would you play a game for writers?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I didn't even now they had games like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so original! Kinda reminds me to the choose your own stories books.... :D

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great game, and it's very pretty!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. These graphics, while not my necessarily my style, are so well-done. Looks like a beautiful, immersive experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this game is gorgeous! I love the artwork that's being incorporated more and more into video games. I'm going to have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a topic about which I'm not able to talk as I never play video games :) Hope you had an amazing weekend so far!

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Kate, it really is a lovely experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this looks so good! I'm going to have to get into it.
    Does it run through a website or is it a download?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover