Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My 2015 Resolutions

Last year, in my 2014 resolutions post I speculated that this year would go by slower than previous years because I was working, but that was not the case at all. Crazily enough, the months flew past in a blur, which I was not expecting. I have no doubt that 2015 will sweep by me just as quickly.  

2014 Resolutions
Get my first full-time job (part-time but still) 
Set a monthly budget (nope)
Finish my novel (nope, but I wrote an outline)
Wear heels more often 
Wear lipstick more often 
Take a trip somewhere (Yay Virginia!) 
Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop 12 
Feel less pressured by my blog 

2014 was a great year overall and I accomplished a lot! One of the main goals was to find a real job and although it's not full-time there's room for it to be in the future, but I'm for now I'm comfortable where things are and I'm enjoying my job immensely. 

Still haven't finished my novel, but I wrote an outline for the last 1/3 and that's a big step because it's made me feel like I now know where the novel is going and where it's going to end. Now I just have to sit my ass down and type the words out. 

I've definitely felt less pressured by my blog the past year and it helped when I was getting used to a new routine and a new job, but now that 2014 is over I want to focus more time making sure my blog posts are the best they can be. 

2015 Resolutions

Exercise more 
I didn't want to put the classic "lose weight." That's too vague.
This seems like a more realistic goal.
I'm aiming to get my ass to the gym at least twice a week.

Finish my novel
I'm going to start bringing a notebook to work and write on my lunch break
in the downstairs kitchen since no one goes there. Little by little I WILL finish this book.

Make more friends & hang out with people more
Perhaps this is a weird goal, but I need more friends. It's not that I don't absolutely love the friends I have (guys I really do love you, promise), but I feel like I need to branch out a little bit. There are a few people I've met recently that I want to turn from acquaintances to friends and a few people at work that I would love to hang out with more. Plus I want to hang out with the friends I do have more. 

What are your 2015 goals?

Bloglovin ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram
 photo SincerelySaraPostButtonShort_zps1f3e9c17.jpg

Pin It!

22 comments:

  1. You accomplished a lot of your resolutions last year, most people can't even do one! I know you will accomplish all of your resolutions this year. I can't wait to read your novel! I find the best way to make a resolution is to be more specific and less vague. What does "loose weight" mean anyway? Lose 1 pound? I love your resolution of going to the gym 2 days a week. The most defined resolutions are the ones that feel the best after they get accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You accomplished a lot of your 2014 - congrats! I think "exercise more" is a better goal to have than to lose weight. My goal is to also exercise more because I am such a couch potato -_-

    Good luck with your goals this year and I hope you have AN AMAZING 2015! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. You accomplished so much! You should be super proud. You are going to kill it this year!
    www.theadoredlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely relate to the "hang out with people more" one. I've been such a hermit this past year. I would love to be able to get out and spend time with my friends more

    ReplyDelete
  5. as always, great vision :) way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You accomplished a lot last year!! Good luck with your novel and your goals. I know you'll do great!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are solid goals! And congrats on completing so many of your 2014 ones :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love these goals because they're specific AND realistic. I completely understand that last one. I can be anti-social at times and over the last couple of years, I've been getting better at this (or at least trying to).

    Jackie

    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  9. You totally get! Thank you! I couldn't put it any more perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Jackie!! I need to work on my anti-social tendencies too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the word hermit! I can relate to that word so well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, thank you so much! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sit at work, I sit at home. I need to move around a lot more!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Jackie!! It's definitely better to be more specific. I find that it helps in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome! Good luck with your goals this year! My goals for 2015 include doing a 365 Days Of Guerrilla Art project, feeding a Venus Fly Trap, and take a photobooth of myself the first day of every month.

    Uncustomary Art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great goals for 2015! I love that picture, too! I don't think it's weird to want more friends. I've been trying to do this lately, too- branching out, meeting new people, doing new things. It's never a bad idea for anyone!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think these are good goals to strive for this year! They aren't super difficult but would improve your life greatly! I wish you the best of luck in these!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, beautiful! Thanks for leaving a comment!
Have a lovely day!
~Sara ♥

Pin It button on image hover